Wednesday 2 January 2013

Kerb Appeal

Outside of the House! I guess fairly important because it includes not only colour and material decisions but also things like hot water systems, tanks, clotheslines, fencing etc. A lot more too it then you think at first.

Another look at the plans for reference.

Cladding and roof: Both colorbond. Cladding in pale eucalyptus, roof in either evening haze or paperbark. If you have a preference for either, comment away!

Roof design: I have no idea! I know nothing about roof design AT ALL. May have to hit up whoever the builder is to help me with that one. If you know any useful links on roof design or know stuff about it yourself comment please!

Fencing: I kind of really don't want this to be colorbond. The whole house is colorbond and I'll be sick of it by the time the fencing comes along. I want something high that gets really close to the ground because I will have pets and gaps in fences are their worst nightmare. I like timber and I'm not using a lot of it in the build because it's expensive. I think it would provide a nice contrast to the steel all over the house. But then to I make it slats or like a wooden frame with mesh or any of the other options available. It should probably be lower at the front to seem more welcoming.

Landscaping: Vegie patch somewhere, natives, a shady tree.

Hot Water System: Solar, gas boosted. Where? On the same side as the bathroom, kitchen etc. Possibly on garage wall.

Clothesline: Horizontal against the garage near laundry exit. Sick of rotaries for a lifetime.

Water tank. A 5000L will fit against the kitchen wall. Do you think the HWS will fit next to it up there or would it be a bit of a squeeze? Probably a squeeze.

Grey water system: Don't know a lot about, hopefully the builder will know more.




No comments:

Post a Comment