Tuesday 3 December 2013

Long time no post!

Hi Everyone!
I know it's been a while but most of what was happening was too depressing to write about so I'll pick up now. We did end up choosing the second builder and saying good bye to the first. He wasn't happy but we had to do what was right by us.

We had a struggle with the valuation from the bank but after some careful debate with the valuer I managed to get him to increase his valuation and we got our loan approved!

On Monday we signed the contract with the builder! It was just a standard HIA contract, very straightforward. Although we had to sign a variation as well because we made the ensuite a bit bigger and had to allow for the tiling.

We're off to the bank this afternoon to sign the FHOG paperwork and get that sent away and finalize everything for our loan.

I have to go to the block some time this week and tell the neighbors to stop parking on our land unless they want to be hit by a bobcat because the concreter wants to get the slab down by Christmas, meaning groundworks could start any day now! I don't want them to turn up and have issues trying to get them to move their car and I want to give them our details so that if they have any problems they can just call us and if they see anything happening on the site at night or that just shouldn't be happening they can let us know too. Trying to start the whole thing on the right foot.

Finally we can start getting excited again, it's been such a long road to this point and it can only get better from here. I have total faith in the builder we chose and we're looking forward to the following 6 months.



edit:
Just realized I forgot to mention what happened with council.
It went through like 3 days after that last post. I think all up it was 2 working from when I officially lodged the thing until it was approved and it only took that long because the guy was sick the first day. Such a quick and painless process! I highly recommend trying to do a complying development if you can.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there, Interested to see how this all turned out. Looking great from what I can see. Congrats. We are looking at Wallaby for our shed, it seems to look so different dependant on the lighting.

    ReplyDelete